Water levels in the Olympic Pool will be lowered and range from 1 to 3 feet to allow dogs to easily play and swim. There will be a staircase and ramp at the shallow ends to enable dogs to easily enter and exit the pool. The shallow kiddie pool will be reserved for puppies and smaller dogs to allow them a safe, fun environment.
We have had seven very successful events with over 150 dogs swimming last year! There were 63 breeds ranging from a 4-pound Teacup Chihuahua to a 240-pound Saint Bernard. Thanks to our responsible pet owners, there have been nothing but wags and slobbers all around. The common sense rules below are for everyone's safety so that we may have another wonderful year. Please do your part to help make Dippin' Dogs enjoyable for all.
Responsible Pet Owners Rules & Regulations
- A signed release of liability form is required for everyone in attendance.
- No children under age 16 allowed without adult supervision.
- Ask your children to not approach dogs without first asking the owner. Your child may like dogs, but the dogs may not like children.
- Dogs must wear collar with ID tags.
- Dogs may be unleashed upon entering the fence pool area.
- Your dog must remain under your control at all times. If he/she acts aggressively, please wait until they calm down before unleashing. If your dog continues to act aggressively, you will be asked to leave.
- Be courteous and clean up your dog's accidents. There will pooper scooper & bag stations available.
- Female dogs in heat are not allowed.
- Please do not bring dogs that have health conditions that may endanger others.
- Dogs must be current on their Rabies Vaccination.
- This is a dog swim event. Humans may only enter at the shallow end of the pool. If you go past knee-deep, you will be asked to step back. Let's face it - do you really want to be submerged in water with dog poop?